10 Tips to a fit and healthier you:
1. Do NOT starve yourself! Your body is like a car: It needs gas to keep functioning. Your body will not have energy to burn fat if you do not feed it.
2. Carbs are bae, I know. They give you energy but if you eat them before bed, the energy will have nowhere to go and will store itself in your body as fat. Instead, it's best to consume them during the day so you burn them off.
3. Never eat more than you can! Portion control is crucial and you should eat until you are no longer hungry, not full.
4. Drink up! You want to drink at least half a gallon (8 cups) of water a day to flush out the extra sodium in your body, which retains water. Depending on how active you are, the most I recommend you'd drink is a whole gallon. Remember, this is not to be had all in one sitting!
5. Green tea will not only flush your toxins out, but it will also boost your metabolism, helping you burn fat quicker. At least one cup before bed is good.
6. Do you even lift? We're all tempted to run on the treadmill forever to burn fat, but remember that excessive cardio can burn muscle, too. Limit your cardio session to 20-30 minutes and use the rest of your hour to do some weight training. Not only can it burn fat, but it will allow you to sculpt your body to how you'd want it to look.
7. Sadly, you either have to give up alcohol or cut down tremendously. Mixed drinks are worse as most of the mixers being used contain too much sugar. Skip the cranberry juice and substitute with seltzer and a lemon wedge. Also, go for the lighter kinds of alcohol such as vodka and tequila, which have less calories. Again, everything in moderation.
8. Ditch the preworkouts. They're jam packed with sugar and besides they're not very good for your heart. If you need a boost, stick to a cup of coffee!
9. I know many of you are so busy to keep up with a lot of these things. On your smartphone, download the app MyFitnessPal. This pocket diary can keep you in check with how many calories you consume, where you are on the scale, and what workouts you perform. It's a great way to keep track of your progress.
10. Surround yourself with positive souls and positive vibes come naturally. Your environment influences your experience. Make it a positive one!